How Harvey Brooker's 20/20 Weight Loss Program for Men Works
Harvey Brooker's 20/20 Weight Loss Program for Men
is available on Sunday mornings at 10am
Harvey Brooker leads the Sunday morning classes.
The Sunday Class provides a totally supportive and inspirational environment to make your journey to slimness and health exciting and effortless.
Every Sunday includes:
- Registering your weight and charting your progress
- Learning new eating strategies
- Learning about health and nutrition
- Hearing a new inspirational talk by Harvey Brooker
- Experiencing the camaraderie and support of other men
Here is what you get with your Total Support System™ membership:
- Your choice of attending Power Hour Weight Loss Motivational Meetings Sunday mornings at 10am, Wednesday evenings at 7pm or during the noon hour on Thursdays. Three meetings to choose from, morning, noon, or night to suit your busy schedule.
- A one on one 30 minute Master Evaluation/Introduction to Harvey Brooker’s Coaching Circle™
- Your personal copy of the 20/20 Healthy Eating Planner® to help you prepare nutritious meals. Follow the program and you will never be hungry.
- Your Eating Awareness Record™ to help you track what you eat and stay on Program.
- Exclusive access to the Members Only Website where you will find recipes, daily menu ideas, nutritional information and tips on how to stay on Program while travelling for business or on vacation. No matter where you are in the world, you can login to the online audio archives to listen to the motivational meetings from the past month.
- On Track™ telephone support for members.
- Success Medallion and Pledge Card to act as a neuro-connector to remind and encourage you to stay on Program.
- Six Weight Loss Mastery for Men™ motivational CDs that contain a wealth of information about the Program to keep you on track with your weight loss between weekly meetings.
- Regular Weighing In™ audio newsletter CDs hosted by Harvey Brooker discussing the latest health and nutritional news and sharing interesting articles with you.
- The Quick Start™ Workshop is for new members and their spouses or partners to familiarize themselves with all aspects of the weight loss Program. There is no charge to participate in the workshop.
Harvey's talk runs from 10 AM to 11 AM each Sunday morning and covers topics such as: self esteem, strategies for eating socially, information about metabolism and inner barriers to total excellence. Many of the members say Harvey's talk is just the thing they need to keep themselves pumped about their commitment.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of the Sunday Class is seeing so many others all moving toward the same goal. You too can meet your Healthy Weight Target!
There are five principles that drive the success of the Sunday Class. The first principle is the 20/20 Food plan, which allows infinite variety and a healthy way to lose weight. Harvey has yet to find a man who cannot succeed by following the 20/20 Food plan. Paradoxically, it takes a lot of eating the right food to lose weight with Harvey's system. Men are not hungry on our program.
The second principle is support from other men. By being in a community of like-minded individuals—all working towards a common purpose—you harness the energy of the group on your behalf.
The third principle is the inspirational guidance and leadership of Harvey Brooker.
The fourth principle is that you track your food intake. By tracking your food intake, you increase your awareness, understanding and accountability.
The fifth and final principle is the weigh-in. When you are a participant in Harvey's program, the Sunday Class is the only place you weigh yourself. This is so that normal fluctuations do not unduly encourage or discourage you. When you register your weight on a medical scale, you have a number you can trust.
The Mastery of Maintaining
After you reach your goal weight (which you set for yourself) we offer a monthly no cost maintenance plan. Members who reach a mutually agreed upon weight can attend monthly Power Hour meetings, provided they stay within 5 pounds of that mutually agreed upon weight. Harvey's system involves healthy eating and staying motivated. Many of the men you'll meet at the Sunday class don't need to lose any weight at all - they are on the maintenance plan, and at the class simply to stay on track.
The draw of the group environment will make you feel part of something and you'll find yourself looking forward to the camaraderie and the energy that's in the room each Sunday and maintaining those relationships and that inspiration long after you've met your healthy weight.
One to one phone coaching is available if you cannot attend the Brooker Fit Man Sunday sessions. A busy life or a long commute doesn't mean you should sacrifice the healthy life that's waiting for you. You can participate in The Brooker Fit Man program remotely and call in for phone coaching to keep your head in the game and stay focused. Contact us to find out more about phone coaching.
About Harvey Brooker
As a teenager, Harvey Brooker was short and fat. He tried everything to lose weight: starving, fad diets and so-called "calorie-wise" food products. None of it worked. At age 27, husband to Helen and father of 2 young children, Harvey knew that his future health and the future happiness of his family depended on his ability to get down to a healthy weight. A colleague suggested a popular assisted-weight loss program, and Harvey gave it a try.
From the first session, Harvey knew that the power to succeed was his alone. He followed the program, faithfully recorded his eating every day, and realized that small changes in how he thought about making choices, and changing his behaviour would lead to bigger changes, and the bigger changes would lead to a new attitude about himself and the successes that he achieved and the new pride that he had in his appearance and the changes that he had made in his life. He realized that losing weight was not just about food, it took belief in yourself, support and the ability to be in control of your health.
The philosophy worked. Harvey lost 50 pounds in 1971, and has stayed slim and fit ever since. His personal epiphany set him on a remarkable path of discovery about food, nutrition, men and how men lose weight.
Harvey has read almost every book published on nutrition and has attended nutritional seminars across North America. Every day he consults with his male clients on their eating, with first-hand access to the positive results of healthy eating patterns.
Early in his career as a weight loss coach, Harvey realized that men's issues that related to weight loss were very different than women's. Men were uncomfortable in women focused weight loss groups, they found it difficult to relate to the women around them and were not supported or motivated by the same issues. Men came to the acceptance of their need to change for very different reasons and were in need of deliberate male-oriented coaching and mentoring.
To address this need, Harvey began Sunday morning classes specifically for men. On November 15, 1985, Harvey offered his first Brooker for Men Sunday morning Power Hour talk. Thus the birth of the Brooker Weight Loss for Men program.
Through this experience, Harvey has created his own unique philosophy about the Brooker weight loss program for men and their motivation, and has developed effective strategies for channeling sheer male willpower to achieve positive change. Among his peers, he is considered the Mentor's Mentor for Men's Weight Loss, most notably by Raymond Aaron, who is one of North America's leading wealth building coaches. Harvey has also been cited as the master of weight loss in Robert Kowasaki's book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad".